For details of forthcoming events on board Balmoral in Bristol,
for details of our 2017 timetable, or to enquire about group travel
discounts, chartering Balmoral or film location opportunities,
Phone us on 0117 325 6200 on weekdays between 0900 and 1700hrs.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
A Taste of the Delights of Sailing
- The Bristol Channel has a wealth of rivers, coastal scenery,
national parks, historic bridges , docks and harbours which
will be very much part of Balmoral's cruising programme
- We will sail from Bristol through the magnificent Avon Gorge,
under Brunel's Suspension Bridge (One of the Great River Journeys
of the United Kingdom), and along the River Severn, under the
two Motorway Bridges connecting England with Wales, past the
Royal Forest of Dean to Lydney and Sharpness, as well as along
the River Wye to Chepstow
- Also the River Usk to Newport, sailing under the famous Transporter
Bridge, as well as the River Parrot (recently in the news in
connection with drainage issues on the Somerset Levels), the
River Neath to Briton Ferry, and possibly the River Torridge
to Bideford and to Milford Haven, famous for the large tankers
carrying oil and liquid petroleum gas
- The two famous piers of Penarth and Clevedon will of course
feature, as will the harbours of Portishead, Watchet, Mnehead,
Ilfracombe, Porthcawl and Swansea. The Bristol Channel area
is blessed with some splendid coastlines, including the Exmoor
National Park; we will provide cruises along its splendid coastline.
As well as the impressive Glamorgan Heritage Coast and, of course,
the magnificent Lundy Island.
- Balmoral offers some very special views of the magnificent
Snowdonia range as she cruises along the North Wales coast.
- In addition, a cruise through the narrow Menai Straights,
under the historic bridges connecting the Welsh mainland with
Anglesea is not to be missed. Balmoral will sail from Caernarfon,
Menai Bridge, the recently re-opened Llandudno pier as well
as cruising up the Mersey to and from Liverpool, with its world
heritage site buildings and waterfront with the famous Liver
London, East Coast & Kent
- Many cruises start or finish at Tower Pier in London. A truly
remarkable cruise by day and by night!
- From the decks of Balmoral at Tower Pier in the Pool of London,
the views of Tower Bridge, the Tower of London and the many
fascinating buildings on the central London skyline, new and
old, plus historic HMS Belfast are quite phenomenal.
- Tower Bridge in London will be opening especially for Balmoral
to cruise along the fascinating and historic River Thames, passing
Canary Wharf and the O2 Arena (formerly the Millennium Dome),
the Emirates Cable Cars, historic Greenwich, the remarkable
Thames Barrier and on past Woolwich, with the remains of the
historic Woolwich Arsenal, to Tilbury, where we may be lucky
to see some larger ships, including cruise liners, Gravesend
and Southend the longest pier in the UK!
- Many cruises will start from, or continue to some of the following:
Whitstable, Margate, Ramsgate, Harwich, Clacton and Great Yarmouth.
- Sailings along the delightful and fascinating South Coast,
from Weymouth, Swanage, Poole, Bournemouth, Yarmouth Southampton
- View the "World Heritage" Jurassic Coast and Lulworth
Cove, The Isle of Purbeck via the Swanage Steam Railway, Poole
Harbour, the famous Needles and around the Isle of Wight
- Also Portsmouth, HMS Victory and its historic dockyard and
Southampton, with its busy shipping including the massive Cruise
Liners and Container vessels.
there any snags?
- Well, yes. A great deal has already been achieved through
generous donations but there is still much to be done to complete
the refurbishment. We have received substantial assistance from
the Coastal Communities Fund but, as a charity, we still need
to rely on further donations to complete the task and establish
a robust financial position to protect the long term future
for coastal cruising on Balmoral
- Please, please consider a donation, large or small, which
can be made now on line using my donate facility
below. Every penny will be most welcome.
- And of course do please join us on as many cruises as possible
- and persuade your friends to come along as well!
- Donations from tax payers can qualify for a reclaim of tax
which enhances the gift. Please visit our Donations>
page for more information.
Without your help Balmoral's long term future may not be secure